MGI Breaking News (August, 2012) – Mike Lynch makes a hole in one on the par 3 8th at the Lakes Country Club outside Columbus Ohio. It was Mike’s first Hole in One.
Mike Lynch, 51, who has been playing golf since he was a kid thought he would have many hole in one’s by this time in his golfing career.
“I have had many chances!” said Mike on his twitter feed.
When asked to describe the shot he added this, “The hole from the back Champions tees plays slightly up hill. I hit a solid 6 iron from 172 dead on target. The shot had a nice line, and it came down with a soft landing three feet short, one bounce, and plop, disappeared.”
Comments from around the United States are pouring in:
- “Well done Lynch, the excitement of the moment must have been great, so we will overlook the bogey & double bogey that followed!” added JB. (editor note: Actually Mike and his group started their round on 10)
- “Are you sure he was on the back tees, and not the senor tees?” asked Allen Grant, “I hope I don’t have to wait until I am his age to get my first hole in one!”
- “Nice shot Lynch, I look forward to the cocktail!” said Goleno.
- Other congrats were also received from TK, BK, Steve, Sam, Jeff, and Smiley.
- “Let’s not wait another 50 years for number 2!”
See the card